PlatforumU, through simple digital tools helps you and your team to collect data about your business.
Once you have collected data, PlatformU provides visualisation tools to show you how your business is performing.
By knowing how your area performs, PlatformU will help show you how to make improvements.
PlatformU is a work in progress. Many of the following features have been developed or are in the development phase. You can help the team improve the development process by providing features or functionality that is relevant to your organisation.
- Materials. All businesses consume materials and produce waste. PlatformU helps monitor how an area’s use of materials. This helps understanding waste streams, increase efficiency in your supply chain and save resources and money. Available
- Space. Land is expensive and we should use only what we need. Is there space/land that is un(der)- used? Why not rent it out? Are you looking for an original place to book as a meeting place or to rent as an office? Why not sublet existing places in the neighbourhood? Available
- Technology. Technology is expensive to purchase and maintain. Perhaps it would be more efficient to hire a machine when required. Maybe there is equipment that could be hired to recover costs. Maybe a truck could be shared with a neighbouring. PlatformU helps to quantify how much equipment is used. Available
- Staffing. Businesses may need casual help or occasional expertise (like a designer or expert). Instead of using expensive labour hire, staff could be shared with other businesses in the neighbourhood. Maybe a neighbour is a certified safety expert and could give you some cheap advice. By pooling staffing needs and expertise, businesses can gain more from less. Available
- Seeing is believing. Through simple diagrams, PlatformU helps area managers to see how their areas are performing. This way informed decisions can be made. Available
- Performance reporting. PlatformU will provide reporting tools. This is useful to discuss progress with colleagues or members. For businesses concerned with environmental impact or Corporate Social Responsibility, PlatformU will help to communicate goals or impact. In progress
- Personalised circularity scores. Companies involved in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), particularly those that are certified B-Corporations or involved in BREEAM building certification for construction can use PlatformU to help track resource inputs and outputs while providing shareholders with a clear performance rating. In progress
- Matchmaking. PlatformU helps to break down waste streams. This can help reduce waste management costs by exchanging underused or wanted materials with other companies that could use it - one person’s waste is another’s treasure! In progress
- Symbiosis. PlatformU helps neighbourhoods to optimise their infrastructure management (resource/waste management, logistics, economic planning). In this way you can communicate with public authorities, or negotiate with waste management companies. In progress
- Get advice. Do you need help navigate around the circular economy and how to apply it in your everyday activities? An online service can offer advice. In progress
- Customisable website. A large and time-consuming cost for area managers is the development and provision of websites. In many cases, area managers require a simple online presence which provides some context on the area and members. PlatformU will be developing simple and trouble free tools to allow area managers to develop their own websites. In progress
- Forum. Some areas would like to discuss ideas and opportunities. A forum can help reduce distracting emails while allowing discussions to be viewed by others in the area. Available
- Communications. Area managers often communicate with their members a number of times per year. PlatformU will allow area managers to communicate with all their members, through a simple mail delivery tool. In this way, members can also update how how they are being communicated with and to ensure the relevant person receives the message. In progress